Back to work today...and it actually was nice to be back! After a busy week off of cabinet building, patching, sanding, painting, shopping for cabinet accessories, and all of the other renovation-type stuff, it was nice to go into my nice, organized, neat office and get some other work done. The disaster-area that is our home was a bit of a relief to leave behind.
We measured the belly today and it grew by 4 inches since March 29! That's craziness. My wonderful colleagues Sheri and Nancy also felt the little munchiken kicking. They are the first ones besides Scott and I to feel movement. I'm completely comfortable having people touch my belly, but I know it drives some pregnant women crazy.
I went to my last prenatal pilates class tonight. Another session starts next week and I'm debating continuing with the pilates or signing up for a prenatal cardio and core...big decision.
Scott's in Phoenix now testing--actually working, they aren't testing since they have to fix up all of the broken bits of the car! The race in Vegas was yesterday, and unfortunately Sebastian didn't finish the race, but was outstanding in his efforts to go from 16th place to 3rd before brushing the wall and getting a flat, amongst other damage, causing him to bow out. The cool part was that Scott got his "2 minutes" of fame at the beginning of the broadcast when the reporter focused on him during his team strategy meeting. That was fun! I was over at Ron and Nancy's watching the race on their ultra cool hi-def massive flat screen tv in their 'screening room' (too cool...) and saw Scott larger than life right in front of me. It was neat.
After Phoenix, Scott is off to Long Beach for the next race this coming Sunday. Then he's home for a day and off again to Houston for a week for the race the next weekend. They are a busy group of guys. A cool thing is that the team is going to NASA to tour around and to play with the simulators. Scott's pumped about that.
I'm trying to decide on a paint colour for the bedroom. It's currently yellow and I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me and I have a few lighter shades that I'm considering...along with a couple of light blues and a couple of light beiges (of course, cafe o lait...). I might try tackling the bedroom in a few weekends from now. I think I'll do the kitchen next, before the countertops are installed. We'll see...I might be all talk and no action in a couple of weeks! :)
Well, bedtime for Becky. Baby's been loving waking mommy up at 3:30 a.m for the past few nights and somersaulting around for a good hour or so. (Guess it's a sign of things to come!) So, I usually have been sleeping from 9-3:30 and then I just give up and lie there being punched and kicked from the inside until I need to get out of bed. Ah well...what can you do?
G'night all!
love
b
No comments:
Post a Comment